Saturday, December 11, 2010

What A Common Man Taught Me About Business

Hi,

Friday morning started with a one hour long journey to one of our entrepreneur client's office for a review meet.

As I was returning back, I decided to take a walk for atleast a couple of kilometers. (I love to walk.)

On the way I saw a senior person walking ahead.

As I was new to the area I decided to ask him for directions to ensure that I was walking in the right direction.

The old gentleman explained to me that I was on the right path and could get a mode of transportation just ahead. I thanked him and he suggested let's walk together as he was also going in the same direction.

After awhile we got into a converstation and the dialouge shifted to the rising prices and then to business. He shared that only job cannot suffice to lead a life, with prices shooting for the sky. He gave me an example of a young man coming to the city from a remote place and working in a huge retail shop from morning till evening. In the evening after his office hours, the young guy puts up a stall of vada pav near his house.

Initially he faced few challenges but today he earns about a thousand rupees in the evening selling vada pav. He made hiumself stand out from the herd of employees.

The old gentleman sharing the story concluded:

"...in order to succeed in business or in life you should not be shy to do any work."

Even though there was nothing new in this statement yet it came back as a important point. I realized that most of the entrepreneurs or would be entrepreneurs want to make it big in life but they shy away from doing certain jobs that is required to be done. They take it on their ego and think that doing this kind of job was below their dignity.

In this story the young man too could have given the excuse of not selling vada pav as he was working in a big retail shop. His pride would have stopped him. But he did not give excuse neither did he feel shy or think what will others say when they see him selling vada pav.

How many of us can do this? Not many, that I'm sure of.

Are you ready to do certain jobs in your business or additional income generating tasks that can make you feel shy or make you think, 'What will people say?' and focus on your goals?

If you have answered 'Yes' then you are on the right track!!

To Your Success & Exponential Growth

Rakesh Prasad

No comments:

Post a Comment